1. UNISIST is a
(B) A Programme
(C) Welfare association
(D) A committee
2. Where did Dr. S. R. Ranganathan put forth his five laws of library science?
(A) Meenakshi college, Annamalainagar
(B) Hindu College, New Delhi
(C) City College, Bangalore
(D) Christ College, Bangalore
3. When did ILA became the member of IFLA?
4. In which year Aslib was acquired by MCB group, the holding company for emerald group publishing?
5. Which association`s tagline is “managing information”?
6. Which association`s tagline is “connecting people and information”?
7. When was the International institute of Documentation established?
8. Which organization has introduced the concept of “Sister libraries” for children`s and young adults reading?
9. In which year the ISBN allocation office in India shifted from Kolkatta to Delhi?
10. Which two organizations jointly publish survey on digitization and preservation?
(A) IFLA + UNESCO
(B) ALA + UNESCO
(C) IFLA + ALA
(D) IFLA + LC
11. Who said that “Librarianship is not a profession”?
(A) Madden, Moon, Moore, Mc Pheron
(B) Goode, Rossi, Shaffer, Gullis
(C) Dewey, Rundey, Reeves, Aishen
(D) Ranganathan, Dewey, Cutter
12. Which organization was joined with Library Association to form CILIP in 2002?
(A) Institute of Bibliography
(B) Institute of Information Scientists
(C) Institute of Documentation
(D) Institute of Librarianship
13.In which year International institute of Documentation changed to International federation of Documentation?
14.In which year headquarter of FID was shifted from Brussels to The Hague?
15. When was the curriculam development committee on LIS instituted?
16. Who published the journal International classification?
17. Which association in India awards teachers in LIS?
18. Where is the headquarter of SLA?
(A) New York
(D) New Delhi
19.Which law of library Science relates to the growth of libraries
(A) Forth law
(B) First law
(C) Second law
(D) Fifth law
20. UAP stands for what of the following
(A) United Academy of publication
(B) Universal Association of Publishers
(C) Universal Availability of Publications.
(D) Universal Association of Publishers
21. Resource sharing is a part of
(A) Library cooperation
22. When was the Amercian Library Assoication established
23. Which term was coined by Dr.S.R.Ranganathan for mobile libraries
(A) Moving Library
(B) Library on Wheels
(C) Library Machine
(D) All of above
24. The Librarian Day celebrated on
(A) 15th Sep
(B) 24th Nov
(C) 11th Dec
(D) 12th Aug
25. Forms of Extension service
(A) Library Websites
(B) Library Orientation
(C) Book fair and Exhibition
26. The first library school was started by
(A) Melvin Dewey
(B) Charles Williamson
(C) John Macfarlane
(D) William Allenson Borden
27. Encyclopedia of library and Information Science is published by :
(A) H. W. Wilson
(B) R. R. Bowker
(C) Marcel Dekker
(D) Andrew Deutsch
Answer: (C) Marcel Dekker
28. The secondary source of information comprised of:
(A) Text books and research monographs.
(B) Subject periodicals and encycyclopaedias
(C) Indexing and Abstracting periodicals
(D) Bibliography and patents
Answer:(C) Indexing and Abstracting periodicals
29. Who categorized information source into conventional, non conventional, neo conventional and micro documents :
Answer: (A) Ranganthan
30. Article published in research journal are…
(A) Reference sources
(B) Secondary sources
(C) Primary sources
(D) Tertiary sources
31. What is the Thesaurus?
(A) A collection of selected terminology
(B) Synonymous terms
(C) List of words
(D) All of the above
32. What is a Patent
(A) An agreement to the Government
(B) Document of the library
(C) An agreement between the inventor and the Government
(D) An agreement between library and Publisher
33. World of learning is a what source of information
(A) Primary source
(B) Documentary source
(C) Secondary source
(D) Tertiary source
34. Indian books in Print are published from
(A) Tamil nadu
(D) New Delhi
36. What is e-prints ?
(A) A catalogue
(B) A journal
(C) A repository Software
(D) An encyclopeadia
37. What two is a Library Management Software for small libraries?
(A) Library Solution and Follet
(B) Follet and MSN
(C) MSN and Tar
(D) LYCOS and Live Search
38. What is APS ?
(A) A Search Engine?
(B) A Full-text e-resourse
(C) Bibliographic database
(D) Library Management Software
39. Which one is Library and Information Science Journal name?
(A) Reference Reviews incorporating ASLIB Book Guide
(B) Reference Reviews incorporating ASLIB Book journals
(C) Reference Reviews incorporating ASLIB Book Review
(D) Reference Reviews incorporating ASLIB E-Book
40. "Shodhganga" is a national level repository of:
(D) Journal Articles
41. Questionnaire is a :
(A) Research method
(B) Measurement Technique
(C) Tool for data collection
(D) All the above
42. Mean, Median and Mode are :
(A) Measures of deviation
(B) Sampling Techniques
(C) Measures of control tendency
(D) None of the above
43. ‘Cranfield Studies’ are an example of :
(A) Survey Research
(B) Experimental Research
(C) Historical Research
(D) Case Study
44. Research is
(A) Searching again and again
(B) Finding solution to any problem
(C) Working in a scientific way to search for truth of any problem
(D) None of the above
45. Which of the following is the first step in starting the research process?
(A) Searching sources of information to locate problem.
(B) Survey of related literature
(C) Identification of problem
(D) Searching for solutions to the problem
46. A common test in research demands much priority on
(D) All of the above
47. Action research means
(A) A longitudinal research
(B) An applied research
(C) A research initiated to solve an immediate problem
(D) A research with socioeconomic objective
48. A reasoning where we start with certain particular statements and conclude with a universal statement is called
(A) Deductive Reasoning
(B) Inductive Reasoning
(C) Abnormal Reasoning
(D) Transcendental Reasoning
49. Research is conducted to
I. Generate new knowledge
II. Not to develop a theory
III. Obtain research degree
IV. Reinterpret existing knowledge
Which of the above are correct?
(A) I, III & II
(B) III, II & IV
(C) II, I & III
(D) I, III & IV