1. The Gandhara school of sculpture was a blend of___
(A) Indian and Greek styles
(B) Indian and Persian styles
(C) Purely Indian in origin
(D) Indian and South East Asian style
Answer : Indian and Greek styles
2. Which one of the following languages is used in Tripura ?
Answer : Bengali
3. Who composed the State Anthem of Assam ?
(A) Lakshminath Bezbaruah
(B) Gopinath Bordoloi
(C) Bhupen Hazarika
(D) Shankar Dev
Answer : Lakshminath Bezbarua
4. What was the original name of the ‘Shaheed Minar’ in Kolkata ?
(A) Victoria Memorial
(B) Ochtorloney Memorial
(C) Hastings Square
Answer : Ochtorloney Memorial
5. The East India Company was formed in___
Answer : 1600
6. Which of the following sites/monuments in India is not on the UNESCO’s list of World Cultural Heritager ?
(A) Tirupathi-Tirumala Temples
(B) Agra Fort
(C) Humayun’s Tomb at Delhi
(D) Keoladeo National Park
Answer : Tirupathi-Tirumala Temples
7. The city of Dhillika (Delhi) was founded by____
Answer : Tomaras
8. Prince Elara conquered Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) in the 2nd Century BC. To which Dynasty of the Dravidian rulers did he belong ?
Answer : Chola
9. Which among the following is a folk dance of India ?
Answer : Garba
10. Indian Classical Dance has been popularised abroad by___
(A) Malaika Arora
(B) Gopi Krishna
(C) Uday Shankar
(D) Yamini Krishnamurthy
Answer : Uday Shankar