31. Consider the following statement and select the correct code stating the nature of the argument involved in it : To suppose that the earth is the only populated world in the infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet only one grain will grow.
(1) Astronomical (2) Anthropological
(3) Deductive (4) Analogical
32. Select the code which is not correct about Venn diagram :
(1) Venn diagram represents propositions as well as classes.
(2) It can provide clear method of notation.
(3) It can be either valid or invalid.
(4) It can provide the direct method of testing the validity.
33. Select the code which is not correct in the context of deductive argument with two premises :
(1) An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a false conclusion may be valid.
(2) An argument with two true premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
(3) An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a true conclusion may be valid.
(4) An argument with two false premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
34. Given below are two premises and four conclusions are drawn from them (taking singly or together). Select the code that states the conclusions validly drawn.
Premises : (i) All religious persons are emotional. (ii) Ram is a religious person.
Conclusions : (a) Ram is emotional.
(b) All emotional persons are religious.
(c) Ram is not a non-religious person.
(d) Some religious persons are not emotional.
(1) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
(2) (a) only
(3) (a) and (c) only
(4) (b) and (c) only
The following table shows the percentage profit (%) earned by two companies A and B during the years 2011-15. Answer questions 35-37 based on the data contained in the table :
35. If the total expenditure of the two companies was ` 9 lakh in the year 2012 and the expenditure of A and B were in the ratio 2 : 1, then what was the income of the company
A in that year ?
(1) ` 9.2 lakh
(2) ` 8.1 lakh
(3) ` 7.2 lakh
(4) ` 6.0 lakh
36. What is the average percentage profit earned by the company B ?
37. In which year, the percentage profit earned by the company B is less than that of company A ?
The following table shows the number of people in different age groups who responded to
a survey about their favourite style of music. Use this information to answer the questions
that follow : (Question 38-40) to the nearest whole percentage :
38. Approximately what percentage of the total sample were aged 21-30 ?
(1) 31% (2) 23%
(3) 25% (4) 14%
39. Approximately what percentage of the total sample indicates that Hip-Hop is their
favourite style of music ?
(1) 6% (2) 8%
(3) 14% (4) 12%
40. What percentage of respondents aged 31+ indicated a favourite style other than classical
(1) 64% (2) 60%
(3) 75% (4) 50%