31. Resources are allocated to the process on non-sharable basis is
(A) Mutual exclusion
(B) Hold and wait
(C) No pre-emption
(D) Circular wait
32. Cached and interleaved memories are ways of speeding up memory access between CPU’s and slower RAM. Which memory models are best suited (i.e. improves the performance most) for which programs ?
(i) Cached memory is best suited for small loops.
(ii) Interleaved memory is best suited for small loops
(iii) Interleaved memory is best suited for large sequential code.
(iv) Cached memory is best suited for large sequential code.
(A) (i) and (ii) are true.
(B) (i) and (iii) are true.
(C) (iv) and (ii) are true.
(D) (iv) and (iii) are true.
33. Consider the following page trace :
4,3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5
Percentage of page fault that would occur if FIFO page replacement algorithm is used with number of frames for the JOB m = 4 will be
34. Check sum used along with each packet computes the sum of the data, where data is treated as a sequence of
(C) Real numbers
35. If an integer needs two bytes of storage, then the maximum value of a signed integer is
(A) 216 – 1
(B) 215 – 1
36. Which of the following logic families is well suited for high-speed operations ?
37. Interrupts which are initiated by an instruction are
38. printf(“%c”, 100);
(A) Prints 100
(B) Prints ASCII equivalent of 100
(C) Prints garbage
(D) None of the above
39. For the transmission of the signal, Bluetooth wireless technology uses
(A) Time division multiplexing
(B) Frequency division multiplexing
(C) Time division duplex
(D) Frequency division duplex
40. Consider the following statements:
I. Recursive languages are closed under complementation.
II. Recursively enumerable languages are closed under union.
III. Recursively enumerable languages are closed under complementation.
Which of the above statements are true ?
(A) I only
(B) I and II
(C) I and III
(D) II and III