41. Consider a system having m resources of the same type. These resources are shared by 3 processes A, B and C which have peak demands of 3, 4 and 6 respectively. For what value of m deadlock will not occur?
44. The Default Parameter Passing Mechanism is called as
(A) Call by Value
(B) Call by Reference
(C) Call by Address
(D) Call by Name
45. Which of the following regular expression identities are true?
(A) (r + s)* = r* s*
(B) (r + s)* = r* + s*
(C) (r + s)* = (r*s*)*
(D) r* s* = r* + s*
48. Functions defined with class name are called as
(A) Inline function
(B) Friend function
(D) Static function
49. Let f be the fraction of a computation (in terms of time) that is parallelizable, P the number of processors in the system, and sp the speed up achievable in comparison with sequential execution – then the sp can be calculated using the relation :
(A) 1/ [1 – f – f/P ]
(B) P/ [P – f(P + 1)]
(C) 1/ [1 – f + f/P]
(D) P/[ P + f(P – 1)]
50. Answer: (B) 51. Answer: (A)
52. Consider the program below in a hypothetical programming language which allows global variables and achoice of static or dynamic scoping int i;
program Main( )
i = 10;
call f ( );
procedure f( )
int i = 20; call g ( );
procedure g( )
print i; }
Let x be the value printed under static scoping and y be the value printed under dynamic scoping. Then x and y are
(A) x = 10, y = 20
(B) x = 20, y = 10
(C) x = 20, y = 20
(D) x = 10, y = 10
53. If the parse tree of a word w generated by a Chomsky normal form grammar has no path of length greater than i, then the word w is of length
(A) No greater than 2i+1
(B) No greater than 2i
(C) No greater than 2i–1
(D) No greater than i
54. The Object Modelling Technique (OMT) uses the following three kinds of model to describe a system
(A) Class Model, Object Model and Analysis Model.
(B) Object Model, Dynamic Model, and Functional Model.
(C) Class Model, Dynamic Model and Functional Model.
(D) Object Model, Analysis Model and Dynamic Model.
55. The factors that determine the quality of a software system are
(A) Correctness, reliability
(B) Efficiency, usability, maintainability
(C) Testability, portability, accuracy, error tolerances, expandability, access control, audit.
(D) All of the above
57. Given the following statements:
(i) Recursive enumerable sets are closed under complementation.
(ii) Recursive sets are closed under complementation.
Which is/are the correct statements?
(A) Only (i)
(B) Only (ii)
(C) Both (i) and (ii)
(D) Neither (i) nor (ii)
58. Skolmization is the process of
(A) Bringing all the quantifiers in the beginning of a formula in FDL.
(B) Removing all the universal quantifiers.
(C) Removing all the existential quantifiers.
(D) all of the above.
59. Which level of Abstraction describes how data are stored in the data base?
(A) Physical level
(B) View level
(C) Abstraction level
(D) Logical level
60. The transform which possesses the “multi-resolution” property is
(A) Fourier transforms
(B) Short-time-Fourier transforms
(C) Wavelet transforms
(D) Karhunen-Loere transforms
61. Which one is a collection of templates and rules?
62. A program P calls two subprograms P1 and P2. P1 can fail 50% times and P2 40% times. Then P can fail
63. Third normal form is based on the concept of ______.
(A) Closure Dependency
(B) Transitive Dependency
(C) Normal Dependency
(D) Functional Dependency
64. If the Fourier transform of the function f(x, y) is F(m, n), then the Fourier transform of the function f(2x, 2y) is:
(A) 1/4 F(m/2 , n/2)
(B) 1/4 F (2m, 2n)
(C)1/4 F (m, n)
(D) 1/4 F (m/4 ,n/4)
65. ______ establishes information about when, why and by whom changes are made in software.
(A) Software Configuration Management.
(B) Change Control.
(C) Version Control.
(D) An Audit Trail.
66. Match the following with respect to HTML tags and usage.
a. CITE 1. Italic representation
b. EM 2. Represents output from programmes
c. VAR 3. Represents to other source
d. SAMP 4. Argument to a programme
a b c d
(A) 3 1 4 2
(B) 2 3 1 4
(C) 4 2 3 1
(D) 1 3 4 1
67. An expert system shell is an expert system without
(A) Domain knowledge
(B) Explanation facility
(C) Reasoning with knowledge
(D) all of the above
68. An example of a dictionary-based coding technique is
(A) Run-length coding
(B) Huffman coding
(C) Predictive coding
(D) LZW coding
69. Which is the method used to retrieve the current state of a check box?
(A) Get State ( )
(B) Put State ( )
(C) Retrieve State ( )
(D) Write State ( )
70. Referential integrity is directly related to
(A) Relation key
(B) Foreign key
(C) Primary key
(D) Candidate key
72. A cryptarithmetic problem of the type
Can be solved efficiently using
(A) Depth first technique
(B) Breadth first technique
(C) Constraint satisfaction technique
(D) Bidirectional technique
73. Match the following:
a. Supervised learning 1. The decision system receives rewards for its action at the end of a sequence of steps.
b. Unsupervised learning 2. Manual labels of inputs are not used.
c. Reinforcement learning 3. Manual labels of inputs are used.
d. Inductive learning 4. System learns by example
a b c d
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 2 3 1 4
(C) 3 2 4 1
(D) 3 2 1 4
74. A* algorithm is guaranteed to find an optimal solution if
(A) h' is always 0.
(B) g is always 1.
(C) h' never overestimates h.
(D) h' never underestimates h.