1. Which of the following principles of management was not given by Fayol?
(A) Unity of direction
(B) Subordination of individual interest to common interest
(C) Stability of tenure
2. Arrange different phases of Hawthorne experiments in their right sequence:
a. Relay assembly test room experiments
b. Bank wiring observation test
c. Illumination experiment
d. Personal counselling
e. Mass interviewing programme
(A) a, b, c, d, e
(B) c, a, e, b, d
(C) c, b, e, a, d
(D) e, d, c, b, a
3. Delphi technique is used in _______
4. Narrow span of control results into
(A) Tall structure
(B) Flat structure
(C) Mechanistic structure
(D) All the above
5. Which of the following is correct about ‘Grapevine’?
(A) It tends to exist when members of formal group know one another well.
(B) It is the result of social forces at work place.
(C) It is more common in times of high organisational excitement.
(D) All the above.
6. The following concept is developed on unitarism, individualism, high commitment and strategic alignment.
(A) Personnel Management
(B) Human Resource Management
(C) Industrial Relations
(D) Personnel Administration
7. Human Resource Planning include
(A) Scenario planning
(B) Action planning
(C) Demand and Supply forecasts
(D) All the above
8. Which one is not a part of recruitment process?
(A) Determining requirements
(B) Planning recruitment campaign
(C) Attracting candidates
(D) Selecting candidates
9. Which one is not a non-quantitative job evaluation method?
(A) Ranking method
(B) Grading method
(C) Point rating method
(D) Job-classification method
10. Consider the following punishments in disciplinary actions:
Which of the above fall under minor punishment?
(A) (i) and (ii)
(B) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(C) (i) and (iii)
(D) (i), (ii) and (iv)
11. Which of the following factors are included in the calculation of human development index?
(A) Life expectancy
(B) Adult literacy
(C) Decent standard of living
(D) All the above
12. Who is not associated with development of human development index?
(B) Manmohan Singh
(C) Meghnad Desai
(D) Sudhir Anand
13. The sequence of human resource development activities according to Leonard Nadler are
(A) Education, training and development
(B) Development, training and education
(C) Training, education and development
(D) Training, development and education
14. Who introduced the concept of quality circles in India?
(A) P. V. Rao
(B) Udai Pareek
(C) Dharani P. Sinha
(D) S. R. Udpa
15. Which of the following is the correct sequence of training evaluation?
(A) Reaction, learning, behavior and results
(B) Learning, reaction, behavior and results
(C) Learning, behaviour, reaction and results
(D) Reaction, learning, results and behaviour
16. Which of the following is the outcome of job satisfaction?
(A) High employee turnover
(B) High productivity
(D) All the above
17. Under Alderfer’s ERG theory, the three core needs are
(A) Emotional, Relational, and Growth
(B) Emotional, Rational and Growth
(C) Existence, Reliability and Gain
(D) Existence, Relatedness and Growth
18. The group to which a person would like to belong is known as
(A) Primary Group
(B) Membership Group
(C) Reference Group
(D) None of the above
19. The Managerial Grid was given by
(A) Rensis Likert
(B) Kurt Lewin
(C) Hersey Blanchard
(D) Blake and Mouton
20. Arrange the following stages of group dynamics in right sequence:
(A) d, c, a, b
(B) a, b, c, d
(C) d, c, b, a
(D) c, d, b, a
21. Identify the correct definition of industrial relations:
(A) Relations between or among human beings
(B) Relations between employer and employees as individuals
(C) Relations between parties in an employment context
(D) Collective relationship between management and trade unions
22. Who has propounded the system concept of industrial relations? Find out from the following:
(A) L. N. Allen Flander
(B) L. N. Flax
(C) John T. Dunlop
(D) Neil N. Chamberlein
23. Which is the correct order of settlement of industrial disputes?
a. Industrial Tribunal
b. National Tribunal
d. Labour Court
(A) c, a, d, b
(B) c, d, a, b
(C) a, d, c, b
(D) c, b, d, a
24. Which of the following is not a tripartite body?
(A) Works Committee
(B) I. L. O
(C) Indian Labour Conference
(D) Wage Boards
25. The code of discipline was ratified by the Indian Labour Conference to ensure discipline in industry. Identify the year of ratification out of the following:
26. Which of the following is not a characteristic of Trade Union?
(A) Is an association of employers or the employees or of the independent workers?
(B) Is relatively a permanent combination but not temporary or casual.
(C) Is an association of workers who are engaged in not securing economic benefits for their members?
(D) Is influenced by a member of ideologies.
27. Recognition of trade union is made by the provision of
(A) Trade Unions Act of 1926
(B) Industrial Dispute Act 1947
(C) Code of Discipline
(D) Factories Act of 1948
28. Which is not a structure of Trade Union of Industrial Organisation?
(A) Craft union
(B) General union
(C) Industrial union
(D) Consumers’ union
29. A Trade Union should be registered as per the law must have
(A) 20% of the workers
(B) 150 workmen
(C) Minimum 17 persons
(D) None of the above
30. The founder of Ahmedabad Textile Labour Association was
(A) V. V. Giri
(B) M. K. Gandhi
(C) B. P. Wadia
(D) N. M. Lokhande
31. If there is willful removal or disregard by the workman of any safety guard or other device which he knew to have been provided for the purpose of securing safety of workman,
(A) Employer is liable to pay compensation
(B) Employer is not liable to pay compensation
(C) Appropriate government is liable to pay compensation
(D) The Trade Union is liable to pay compensation
32. In case of fatal accident if the commissioner serves notice to the employer based on his source
(a) The employer can neglect the notice.
(b) If the employer thinks liable, he shall make the deposit within sixty days of the service of notice.
(c) If the employer thinks liable, he shall make the deposit within thirty days of the service of notice.
(d) If the employer is not liable, he shall in his statement indicate the grounds on which he disclaims liability.
(A) All statements are correct.
(B) All statements are incorrect.
(C) Only (a) and (d) are correct.
(D) Only (c) and (d) are correct.
33. The maternity leave period with full wage is
(A) six months
(B) twelve weeks
(C) four months
(D) sixteen weeks
34. Match the following:
(a) Royal Commission on Labour (i) 1937
(b) Bombay Textile Labour Enquiry committee (ii) 1946
(c) Second Labour Ministers’ Conference (iii) 1929
(d) Labour Investigation Committee (iv) 2002
(e) Second National Commission on Labour (v) 1941
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e)
(A) (ii) (i) (iii) (iv) (v)
(B) (iii) (ii) (i) (v) (iv)
(C) (iii) (v) (iv) (i) (ii)
(D) (iii) (i) (v) (ii) (iv)
35. The goal of I LO is
(A) Creation of jobs for men and women
(B) Not just creation of jobs but the creation of jobs of acceptable quality
(C) Not overcoming under employment
(D) Not to provide freedom of choice in employment
36. The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 is applicable to an employee who draws wage or salary of
(A) Rs. 3500 in case of apprentice
(B) Rs. 5000 in case of apprentice and employee
(C) Rs. 7500 in case of employee only
(D) Rs. 10,000 in case of employee only
37. Unfair Labour Practices are listed in
(A) The Factories Act, 1948.
(B) The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946.
(C) The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
(D) The Trade Unions Act, 1926.
38. The Minimum Wages Act, 1948 has
(A) One schedule covering different types of industries.
(B) One schedule covering different types of industries, shops and establishments.
(C) One schedule covering shops and establishments.
(D) Two schedules covering industrial establishments and agriculture.
39. If deduction is made contrary to the provisions of the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 the aggrieved employee can write to the inspector appointed under the Act within the time period given below from the date on which the deduction from wages was made or the date on which the payment of wages is due
(A) two years
(B) one year
(C) twelve weeks
(D) six weeks
40. The maximum daily hours of work in a day with normal wage allowed in factories is
(A) 11 hours
(B) 10 hours
(C) 9 hours
(D) 8 hours
41. Assertion (A): Intra-mural and extramural welfare are mutually complimentary.
Reason (R): The work-life balances need to be ensured in order to get the best output from an employee.
(A) Assertion is wrong but Reason is logical.
(B) Both Assertion and Reason are wrong.
(C) Assertion and Reason are right.
(D) The Assertion is right but Reason is wrong.
42. Which of the following statements is not true in explaining the concept and scope of labour welfare?
(A) Labour welfare has no roots in social work.
(B) Long Arm of the job and social invasion of workplace concepts, explain the mutuality between intramural and extramural labour welfare
(C) Labour welfare is a social concept.
(D) Corporate social responsibility is an extended concept of welfare.
43. Who is the champion of the ‘Welfare movement’ propagated in mid-19th century?
(A) Frederick Winslow Taylor
(B) Andrew Ure
(C) Sheebhom Rownlvee
(D) Robert Owners
44. Sequence the following developments by their period of occurrence from earliest to the latest:
(i) The Labour Investigation Committee
(ii) The Whitley Commission
(iii) The Enactment of Factories Act
(iv) The 1st National Commission on Labour
(A) (ii) (i) (iii) (iv)
(B) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(C) (i) (ii) (iv) (iii)
(D) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
45. Which of the following statements relating to Welfare Officer is not true?
(A) The provision of Welfare Officer is given in both the Factories Act, 1948 and the Mines Act, 1952.
(B) Welfare Officer’s duties and responsibilities are defined and prescribed in the legislation.
(C) Welfare Officer’s appointment is tagged to the provision of minimum workforce employed in an organisation
(D) The Welfare Officer’s role was designed as a ‘Third force’.
46. Which of the following statements about characteristics of labour is not true?
(A) Labour is a perishable commodity.
(B) Labour cannot be separated from the person.
(C) Workers have no reserve price.
(D) Labour is as flexible and mobile as capital.
47. Which of the following statements about labour market is not true?
(A) Labour market like commodity market is analyzed by supply, demand and price equilibrium.
(B) Labour Market is relatively more local than commodity market.
(C) Unlike a commodity market, the relationship between a buyer and seller in a labour market is not temporary.
(D) Monopoly in the labour market is high.
48. Money Wage is otherwise called as
(A) Real wage
(B) Living wage
(C) Nominal wage
(D) Fair wage
49. Wage Boards set right
(A) Inter-regional differentials
(B) Inter-sectoral differentials
(C) Intra-industry differentials
(D) Inter-industry differentials
50. Which of the following is not a determinant of wages?
(A) Prevailing wages
(B) Bargaining strength of Unions
(C) Job Evaluation
(D) Performance Appraisal